More than 30 years of private equity investing
We partner with exceptional management teams who have a clear vision defining success and a vested interest – ownership – in growing the business.
A Broad Range of Experience in Investing
We have invested in companies from a wide array of industries, but with a consistent focus on “Investing in Common.” We invest our money beside our client’s capital, on the same terms and conditions, wherever suitable.
Our senior officer’s, firm and/or client capital has helped companies grow and achieve their growth investment objectives, including:
- Waste Management, Inc.
- Browning-Ferris International
- Enterprise Products, LP
- Main Street Capital
- MD Andersen Proton Therapy Center
- Salient Partners, LP
- Edelman Financial, LLC
- Houston Astros
- Ryan-Sanders Baseball
Private Equity With a Difference
We invest our own capital alongside yours, so our goal is to deliver long-term, superior returns with comparatively moderate risk. We are less concerned with exit strategies than in long term value creation. We don’t want to run companies; we rely on our management partners to do that. And we don’t have a set of fixed investment parameters; we are open to a wide range of industries and transaction structures. Most importantly we are looking for exceptional companies with a clear vision of growth.
We partner with exceptional management teams. We have no industry preferences, and can be majority or minority investors.
A few things we look for:
- A strong management team with a strong equity incentive to grow the value of the company
- Transaction sizes of $5 million – $50 million; but can go smaller or larger
- Profitable, cash-flow-producing businesses with above-average margins and return on invested capital
- Companies with growth potential through multiple avenues, not simply stable cash flow that can be leveraged
- A need for capital driven by: (a) growth or expansion capital or (b) situations where one or more existing shareholders desire liquidity but there is a continuity of management.
A few things we do not look for:
- Venture capital investments
- Turnaround situations
- Start-ups or early stage investments
Why Sanders Morris Harris?
- We will give you a quick and honest answer
- If our answer is “no”, that does not mean that you have a bad company, but rather it does not fit our investment “sweet spot.” At times, we may have some insight or even suggestions of other investors
- If it is a good fit, we will:
- Pay a fair price;
- Work diligently to close the transaction on mutually satisfactory terms; and
- Be good, constructive partners to assist you in executing your plan, within our fiduciary responsibility.